A Forgotten Upgrade


Funny to say it but I realized I hadn't posted something else I did to my theater system last year. Simple answer a dedicated LCR Amplifier. I hadn't see a ton about the OSD Nero amps other than a few YouTube videos and it is solid for the price. I got my XA3200 for around 450 on a sale and I put it in, reran Audyssey and it just worked... Mostly sounds the same until you get medium volume to loud but that's hardly surprising. A good amp shouldn't really change the way it sounds. 

However, I did have a slight accident a few weeks after getting it. I somehow turned it all the way up after I left the house (Likely through Spotify app) later came home and was like "Why can I hear it outside?" Normally I leave the volume limiter on 80, but removed it when I plugged the new amp in. So I got inside and it was basically all the way up, I found several drivers blown in my SVS Pinnacles, it was in stereo so those were the only 2 running minus subwoofers. SVS was great in the end I had to send one speaker in for an also busted crossover, but I have learned to leave the volume limiter on basically no matter what (in fact I turn it to 60 if I am leaving it on for the pets) But as far as the amp goes one channel did go into auto protect but cleared after turning it off and on again. lol anyway the amp works great and its a solid heavy class AB amp. Its worth giving OSD a look if you want a more budget-friendly external option beyond the BASX line or a few others. 

Video covering the old line (they have come out with some new options since then) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6b8slbTLpvw




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All things Organized

Little Healthcare/Cash for Clunkers Humor

Finished SVS upgrades