All things Organized

As I mentioned in my last post I was tired of having a folder full of bookmarks to get to everything on my network...I have a bunch of stuff and it sucks. So I had seen someone discussing Organizr (https://organizr.app/) a while back and thought yep its time to make this work. So I set up a new jail on my new FreeNas server as I mentioned in the last post and got to work. So after quite a bit of experimentation, reading, playing, downloading custom JPEGs etc this is where I ended up at. A landing page with all my links that can be easily updated as needed. There are some people out there doing some awesome things with it and I may add more things over time. So here is a few screenshots etc.






Some items do not like being in an iframe and some I just let pop out to their own windows. Just depends on how they act. 

As I also mentioned the other day I finally got around to getting Lidarr installed in a jail as well. (https://lidarr.audio/) I have been a little less impressed with this as I had Sonarr/Radarr but it does its job. It is completely forcing me to sift and change my music setup though as it was a complete disaster after 20 years of collecting music. I moved away from keeping things in Genre folders as that was just a mess and also I have been having to manually fix a lot of band folder names/alblum folders etc as I go this is a fairly large project and will take quite a while. A few screenshots of Lidarr in Organizr. 




My last project was the start of a home security system. We just have to many issues in my area to not add a few cameras and start recording. I could have went with a commercial program like Blue Iris and long term I might if Zoneminder doesn't work out for me. I  think Blue Iris definitely has a compelling set of features and is fairly reasonably priced, but I wanted to give Zoneminder a shot first since it natively installs on FreeNas and its free. Blue Iris would require a Windows VM to run and I really dont like having to run VMs in my FreeNas box beyond one of my domain controllers. So like everything else I first added a section in Organizr for it added a camera spent some time playing with it and eventually I will mount it and any future cameras a few places. I wanted to start with only one camera until I was happy with it



Right now I just have it set up in motion detection and it is locked down to a zone right around my deck gate while I am playing with it so I don't get an event every time a car drives up the alley. I imagine I will get two more when its all said and done with the idea of being able to watch areas around all the doors as well as hopefully my outbuilding as well. The night vision on the camera I bought has been surprisingly good for 40 dollars. I think I will probably get a tilt/pan camera to watch most of the backyard at some point. I posted a couple pictures in the last post. 


Zoneminder takes some work to figure out and it doesn't have phone push alerts for example. It can send email etc which I havent configured yet.  The ZMNinja app appears to be a decent app the desktop version is free and the phone version is like 5 dollars. At this point though I cannot get either to show the live stream They will play the recorded events. I am not sure why that is though yet. I have not allow Zoneminder out of my firewall since I have a VPN and probably never will, but it is an option for the zmninja app or if you stuff all of organizr etc behind a reverse proxy. I prefer the VPN approach myself. 


Picture of the configured zone for monitoring to trigger motion detection. Even with the detection set to medium cars going up the alley do not trigger it to record, walking anywhere on my deck in that zone does. 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finished SVS upgrades

Little Healthcare/Cash for Clunkers Humor