Even More Theater Upgrades

 It had been awhile since I updated the blog, as always busy with life, but many changes have been made since my last updates. I am slowly working toward making all my normal speaker channels SVS speakers. as such I got a pretty good open box pair of Piano Black Prime Pinnacles to replace my trusty Polk Monitor 70s. These were a great upgrade. The highs sound more natural than the Polks, with quite a bit more detail and better mids overall. I wouldn't say they are light years better than the Polks in medium volume scenarios where they come alive is when turning it up and they just stay much more composed and less muddy. 



So after that I went even further in the subwoofer department and caught a sale on the V2 Monoliths 12. At first I thought I would completely replace the Polk PSW505 with it and I still may get something to replace that 12 but it is now behind my couch. It adds a much more tactile feel than anything while watching movies. I may eventually but another Monolith 10 back there as I doubt I really want to go to a full 12 for size reasons. 



Course this meant I had to move things around etc. as you can see in the second picture. I also have added more Govee lights in the living room and I think I have 7 now. They just help set the proper mood when watching movies or listening to music. 

Overtime I started to acquire more Dolby Vision content on my Plex server which raised some issues with my TVs native app which was solved with an Nvidia Shield Pro and even better yet it natively does TRUEHD passthru to my Denon AVR solving another issue with the TV native app. 


I am torn on what will be the next upgrade. Part of me wants to remove the final Polks in my config and go with SVS Prime Satellites, while the other part of me wants to add an Emotiva XPA-3 to fully power my front stage. Time will tell which way I go as I would then probably have to move my other 4 speakers back to the AVR to make room for the Emotiva or move the Adcoms over under the record player and run cables over. I also have to worry then about the amount of amperes I am pulling on that circuit I have to be close already even though its spread among multiple plugs they are likely on the same 20 amp circuit. If I go the Emotive route I may have to move on of those plugs off to its own circuit which I am perfectly capable of doing and under the floor the joists are all exposed. Hard to say just have to see what pops up on sales etc. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All things Organized

Finished SVS upgrades

Microsoft JDBC and Microsoft SQL Server