Other Home Theater Additions

 I have been busy like normal with the holidays and all but I have made a few more changes to my home theater in the last few months and just haven't had a chance to post about it. 

I have added Vinyl back to my listening and I have went full in with Atmos and added a couple speakers attached to my ceiling. 

I wanted to go a bit above a basic turntable to start with but, also not too expensive. Somewhere in the middle so that I could get the full experience while yet not going so cheap that I was disappointed with the results. I ended up going with a Fluance RT81, overall it had good reviews and features for the price point and overall I have been extremely happy with it. Though my entertainment center is full so my girlfriend had an old stereo shelf I felt I could use to house it. Not ideal but as I have mentioned in the past my room is not ideal so it works for now. 


https://www.whathifi.com/fluance/rt81/review

https://theaudiophileman.com/rt81-turntable-review-fluance/



The other change I made was to fully go "Atmos" by buying some SVS Prime Elevation speakers. I originally placed them behind my couch on stands where my older Polk T15s were and they definitely sounded good, but I wanted to get them where they should be up high. Where my fireplace is and the shape of the room makes things difficult so I just went with the screw it let's put them on the roof. 

So I went and put some anchors in the roof and hung them up, re-ran audessey and overall I think it works. I wish in a way I had gone with an AVR that could support more channels but in this room, I really don't need it. It is just the geek in me. 



Anyway a short update on items I had been working on and updating. I really didn't want to put any kind of permanent holes in the ceiling etc, and I need to get a longer RCA cable at some point for the record player, but otherwise that's it. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All things Organized

Finished SVS upgrades

Microsoft JDBC and Microsoft SQL Server